Saturday, April 23, 2011

I've Got All My Eggs In One Basket!






Ally is 7, she is in 2nd Grade.  Last week she came home from school and said.  "Mom, someone told me that we aren't Christians."  Not trying to show any emotion I said, "And what did you say Ally?"......"Well, I said, 'Wait a minute!  We believe in Jesus Christ, I think we are Christian.'"  A little deep for Second Graders don't you think.  All I remember about 2nd grade was the Operetta and the...Well yeah, I guess that is all I remember.  I was proud of Ally for her unrehearsed response. 

Now if there are any friends or family members out there wondering the same thing, let me put your mind at ease.  We are Christians.  I BELONG TO THE CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST OF LATTER-DAY SAINTS.  In fact, spiritually speaking, I've got all my eggs in one basket.  I don't think I can let that comment stand on its own.  Let me explain....

While we were growing up, we played a lot of Phase 10.  As we sat around the dining room table, someone would inevitably say, "UGHH, I've got all my eggs in one basket."  Meaning - there was only ONE option, they had to draw JUST THE RIGHT card, or they would never win.  It was usually my dad or mom that would say it.  If it was my mom, you could believe her,  if it was my dad, he was lying, and would usually win on the next turn. 

In real life, I realize that there is also only ONE OPTION.  "I say unto you, that as these things are true, and as the Lord God liveth, there is none other name given under heaven save it be this Jesus Christ, of which I have spoken, whereby man can be saved ." 2 Nephi 25:20

I believe that there is not another person, thing, or idea that can save me and my family.  So with all my heart I am clinging to the one great hope available to all of us - Jesus Christ. It is my firm belief that what we remember this Easter weekend is ESSENTIAL for every person.  The events that took place in the Garden of Gethsemane, and on the Cross of Calvary were the greatest things to ever happen in all of the history of mankind.   

And on top of that, I know that there was an EMPTY TOMB at the end of 3 days time.  This year, the words, "He is not here, He is RISEN,"  have been etched upon my heart as a great source of comfort and hope.

I testify of a LIVING Savior.  And as Isaiah said, One who is ready to turn our "ashes" into beauty. There is no other Name, and, spiritually speaking, there is NO OTHER BASKET! 

No comments:

Post a Comment