Saturday, March 19, 2011

RISE AND SHOUT THE COUGARS ARE OUT!!!!

So, my Mom, Erin, Shannon, Patti, JD, McKayla, Addie, Shane, and Jimmer (all relatives, yes, Jimmer is my relative, and I am not talking about the one on the court) are in the midst of March Madness via Denver at this very moment.  And not long from now they will be watching the Cougs go at the Zags (They went on a whim and I kept asking my mom, "How much is this going to cost?"  She said, "Oh honey, I can't tell you that."  Ever since my dad died she keeps saying, "All I have is money."  I am not sure what that means, but it usually works in my favor!)
This being on my mind, I went to say my morning prayers and started praying for Jimmer Fredette and the rest of the the kids that play for BYU.  I finished...looked at myself funny, and thought, "Should I really be praying for a basketball team?"   The next thought that ran through my mind was, "Do you think Jimmer Fredette's mom is praying for a basketball team this morning?"  That settled it!   In the name of sisterhood, I have said lots of prayers today!
For the last couple of days Jared and I have been contemplating something rather large.  When we finally went to bed last night Jared said, "Well, have you prayed about it?"  I said, "Well, that depends on how you define the word pray?"  I began to explain to him that, although not obvious to most people, I am constantly talking to myself.  "Heavenly Father Please help me.....Heavenly Father why....." Alma talks about, "cry(ing) unto Him when ye are in your fields, yea, over all your flocks," my field is my kitchen, and my flocks are my kids.  I have the best "conversations" when I am cooking and cleaning.  After talking to myself for two days I told Jared that I had prayed about it and I was good with the decision. 
And while that decision is final, the other little matter of prayer is not!  I am afraid that the Cougars are going to need all of our prayers tonight, so get with it!  LET'S GO COUGARS!

No comments:

Post a Comment