Sunday, February 24, 2013

So I've Been Thinking....2/24/13

This week my Sam turned 8!  That is a special birthday for us....next Saturday is his baptism!  All are invited!  When our kids turn eight we give them a journal and encourage them to start writing!  This was Sam's first entry:


He is a kid of MANY talents....his intellectual ability will surpass mine within about 3 years I am quite sure of it, and I will no longer be able to teach him piano lessons in probably 2.  He is a JOY in our home.  Sometimes I catch myself staring at his JAW and the way his hair lays flat and curls in this one particular point and I SEE his Grandpa FOSTER, and then I cry!  We will be taught by him, that is for sure!

This week was also the last week of basketball.  It has been a year full of sports for us this year, and our kids have learned some great things from it, but next year will not be quite the same, sports will be limited.  I found myself getting SO IRRITABLE when I had to drive up to the Fairgrounds 5 times a week, WISHING for some more time at home, and realizing we were rushing through FAMILY to get to the COURT.  It simply was not worth it for me.  My kids will never be PROFESSIONAL anythings :)  I am okay with that.  I want them to be good at being a family.  I won't be okay with myself if I let that opportunity slip away sitting on the sidelines!

Last night Jared and I went to the Adult Session of Stake Conference.  This is one of the BEST meetings all year long!  I find myself receiving specific inspiration as LOCAL LEADERS talk.  Once again I am reminded of the TRUST and RESPECT the LORD has for local leaders!  Brother Leavitt (the Stk. Young Men's President's) talk was GENIUS!  He framed the programs of the Church (Faith in God, Personal Progress....) as gifts to our family.  President Frehner's talk was DIRECT and AWESOME!   I love it when people can talk principles without fearing personal backlash (once again, it reminded me of Joe!)

We are so EXCITED for the upcoming week!  An Aunt, Cousins, Grandmas, and a Baptism....how could life get any better :)

P.S.  This week I got to go to Smart and Final and Business Costco, Shopping, All by myself....my life is complete!

No comments:

Post a Comment