Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Felt a tinge of Regret!

Every once in a while I put a poem or a scripture on the fridge and offer the kids a small reward if they memorize it.  Two days ago, I put up one of President Monson's (EVERYDAY I am more thankful to know that there is a Prophet!) favorites!

I have wept in the night
For the Shortness of sight
That to somebody's needs made me blind;
But I never have yet
Felt a tinge of Regret
For being a little too kind.  

I had already memorized the poem, but it kept running through my head, and then I started to wonder what  my regrets were, and then I started to make a list, and then.....The BLOG!  So, as a matter of full disclosure!  Here it goes!

*I REGRET that I didn't befriend Theresea in Grade school, to stand by and watch must surely be as bad as participating!

*I REGRET that I ever spent ONE minute watching Beverly Hills 90210 or 7th Heaven....Don't Judge!

*I REGRET not reading my scriptures enough in college thus preventing untold STUPIDITY!

*I REGRET not keeping better track of my High School Friends.

*I REGRET not getting to know my Grandma Foster better.  The more I know of her, the more I want to be like her!

* I REGRET ever sitting on the couch while my mom was working (granted, I never would have sat on the couch, but I would have been a better person for it).

* I REGRET not taking cooking classes in College!

* I REGRET yelling at the Firth Volleyball Coach, and receiving a yellow card (yes, two separate incidents).

*I REGRET not doing Family History while I was single and had a bit more time.

*I REGRET buying light tan carpet....I regret CARPET!

*I REGRET not going to the temple AT LEAST once a week while I lived in the same town!

*I REGRET not SINGING OUT (for fear of embarrassment) when I had my solo in DARN YANKEES!

* I REGRET losing THREE MONTHS of my life in LA-LA Land (otherwise known as engagement)!

*I REGRET not keeping better track of my Bolton nieces and nephews!  That is changing!

*I REGRET bemoaning one SINGLE second of my life due to my SINGLE STATUS in college, and hanging out mindlessly... When I could have been devouring C.S. Lewis, Jane Austen, Charlotte Bronte, David McCullough....

*I REGRET that when the cute girl on the plane ride to Alabama asked me why I was reading the Book of Mormon, and what it was, that I didn't ANSWER right and Testify, and possibly change her life FOREVER!

*I REGRET treating each pregnancy like a 9 month All You Can Eat Buffet!

* I REGRET not getting to know Allison Batt and Jenn Derr better at Utah State

*Finally, I REGRET ever holding a grudge, prejudging, or saying a mean word to my sisters :) (and everyone else:)



No comments:

Post a Comment