Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Tomorrow is National Hug A Widow Day

My mom is going to HATE me for wrting this post....A few months after my dad died, my mom said in her 'very serious' voice, "If another person calls me a WIDOW or tells me that this is a great time to work on my FAMILY HISTORY, I am Going to LET THEM HAVE IT!"  (It was seriously 30 minutes later when the nice sister down the road called and asked her to do a booth for the Annual Family History Fair.....maybe we will go there another day.)  So for Donna Dee's sake, we will rename this National Hug a 'Woman Whose Husband is No Longer Living' Day or National WHALLE Day (Throw in a vowel and make it sound French.) So why a National WHALLE Day you ask?  A few weeks ago in my Sunday School class we were studying the Miracles of Christ and I came across this phrase under the heading of "Miracles" in the Bible Dictionary, "...the law of love is to deal with the actual facts of life."  I had to think about that for a long time. 
A few days later I attended a viewing and heard, "This is not a loss, we know The Plan."  Well.....I am a firm believer in - "Things Will Work Out in the End."  But now is not the end, and the "things" that must be dealt with between NOW and the END are REAL and often more than one person can bear.  The Savior knows this and treats our tender feelings with great care and concern.  Shouldn't I do the same?
So the next time a teenager says to me, "Life is SO HARD!"  I will not say, "Hard?  You just wait until you are my age and you will know what HARD means."  The law of Love is to deal with the ACTUAL FACTS of LIFE.
So to all the Sister Turner's, May's, Applegate's, Bushman's, Canfields, Ishimoto's, Reilly's, Self's, Skoy's, Novelli's, Tole's, William's, Whitney's, and especially, SISTER FOSTER's, the Bolton's LOVE YOU!  We hope you have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment