Sunday, February 20, 2011

Lesson Learned

This Sunday morning, Sister Noto called Ally to ask her to draw a picture for her primary teacher whose father recently died.  She was excited at the task, but didn't know what would be appropriate to draw.  I told her to go to her room and say a little prayer.  "Heavenly Father will always help you when you want to help someone else," I believe were my exact words. 
A few minutes later she came out of her room.  The prayer had been said, but she still didn't know what to draw. I told her to, "go back to your room, sit quietly, and pay attention to your thoughts."  After a while I realized that she was up to something.  I could her hear humming "I Know that my Redeemer Lives," and knew she was busily at work.  The end product was better than anything that I would have told her to draw. 
It is a heart with a picture of the Bible and Book of Mormon in the middle.  She has included several captions...."You will always have help....you will get your answer...search ponder pray...the power that I get each time I read...you are a eternal family forever" 
The story continues...Today's relief society lesson was on service.  I read it, and in connection with it, I read a few scriptures concerning charity - the pure love of Christ.  I had thought to myself, the truest kind of service, will always point a person directly to the Savior so that they may also experience the pure love of Christ.  I very quickly put all of these thoughts together, and I knew Ally's picture was an answered prayer.  Thank you Sister Noto, for providing this little learning experience for our family. 

2 comments:

  1. Kathryn....are you kidding me? You are amazing. I've read all your posts and now I think I will go throw away every book I ever had on being a good mother/wife and just come read your blog!:) Hope you guys are doing good. We should really plan a Foster/Christensen get together for this summer. it would be great. How is your Mom doing? Jay and I think about her alot. Hope she is good. Well keep writing so I can be inspired! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Jill, then I won't write about the 23 other hours of the day that I was yelling :)
    My mom is a trooper and she is doing fine, it is NOT fun, but she is fine.
    I agree about the reunion! Tell us when you make plans to be up there!

    ReplyDelete