Thursday, February 24, 2011

I have a new favorite scripture.  I tend to be attracted to one and then dwell on it for several months.  If it sticks and EVERYTHING begins to pertain to that scripture, I start to VINYLIZE:  hence the picture below. 




The phrase comes from 1 Samuel 20:23, when Johnathan and David promise their friendship to one another as they depart in dangerous circumstances. 

To be honest, this whole obsession started with a vinyl project.  My oldest sister JoDee had me make her some vinyl for her wall with this scripture on it.  I did it, all along thinking that it was quite  random to be putting in large letters on a living room wall, but I did it.  Now it hangs on my living room wall as well. 
In 2006, Elder Bednar gave a talk at a World Wide Leadership Training about the Marriage relationship.  There was one part of that talk that has stuck with me ever since. He was talking about a marriage relationship, but I think it can apply to ANY relationship.  He drew a mental picture for us.  Imagine a Triangle.  You stand in the bottom left hand corner of the triangle.  Your spouse stands in the bottom right hand of the triangle.  The triangle is then completed as the Savior stands at the top.  As you and your spouse, travel the line of the triangle and grow closer to the Savior, you quite naturally grow closer to each other.  This picture made such sense to me that I considered "vinylizing" the entire triangle diagram on the living room wall as well, but aesthetically speaking, it was a bit over the top. 

In every problem that I encounter, I find that if I get the Lord involved, the end result is ALWAYS better than "going at it alone."  When I answer a child's question with a scripture (or mostly just watch Jared do that, copy him, and pretend like it was an original idea), pray about it, fast with or for someone......Not only do problems get resolved, but relationships are strengthened in the process.  Every relationship I have ever had is enhanced when it encroaches upon spiritual ground




2 comments:

  1. I love that scripture and I love your blog. The story about Ally was so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The triangle....love that! Thanks Katheryn. Do you realize that you are answering other peoples prayers? Well....you are! Love you!

    ReplyDelete