Friday, May 17, 2013

My Heart Hurts

Today I blog in pictures...I woke up to the somber news that Sister Monson passed away this morning.  I could only imagine the tender scene in my mind, as I have witnessed one of my own, and after you have seen a life pass from this one to the next.....you are never quite the same.

No, I have never met or even shaken President Monson's hand, or seen his wife in person, but when he says he loves me, I feel almost child-like, trusting in and hanging onto his every syllable.  If his love can have that effect on me, I think it may have been almost overwhelming to have been in that small hospital room this morning.  His grief must be consuming.  Of all the funerals he has spoken at, he will now attend his wife's...of all the widows he has seen to, he will now be the widower.  Surely The Lord will be merciful to such a diligent servant.

As soon as I read the news, THREE pictures immediately came to my mind.  Please indulge me and look.  In a world when so many are exchanging pure love for things so artificial, these are THE REAL DEAL!


Sister Monson...Isn't she beautiful!


President Hinckley at his wife's funeral.


One week before my dad died.

Like I said, this is the real deal....the kind of deal you KNOW has to LAST FOREVER!

1 comment: