Sunday, February 17, 2013

So....I've Been Thinking 2/17/13

This week we were sitting down at the dinner table when out of the complete blue Sam says, "Mom, I just don't get it, why couldn't we come to earth if Adam and Eve didn't eat the fruit."  It took a small second for me to register what he was saying, because two seconds prior to this, we were talking basketball, homework, and the bully on the playground.

Before I could even form a response in my head, I blurted out, "What do you think Sam?"  To which Ally started quoting scriptures and singing Primary songs, and before I knew it, the question had been answered, with absolutely no assistance from your truly :)  It seems to me that these kids were pre-wired.  They know more than me, they are more eager than I ever was, and they are GOOD!  I love being a mom!

I NEVER thought I would enjoy being a part of the Relief Society as much as I do right now.  When I was in Young Women's and we were tying quilts while the boys were rafting rivers, I LONGED for the river!  I never thought that 3 hour long conversations about morning routines and deviled eggs would capture my attention.  And yet, it does, as it did last week.

I am honestly surrounded by some of the BEST WOMEN this entire world has to offer.  Some are old, some are young, some are my age, it really doesn't matter.  Some are single, some divorced, some married with a million kids like me, it really doesn't matter.  When I am with them, I feel like I have the support group of 10,000!  The Lord has blessed me in so many ways, just by being part of a Relief Society.

Last General Conference Elder Ballard asked us to start each day with a simple prayer.....to know how we could help someone feel Heavenly Father's love for them each day.  I have been doing this, and the PRAYER is answered EVERY DAY!  It is pretty cool.

On Friday, Jared and I went on a walk (ALL ALONE, it was heaven for one hour).  The weather was BEAUTIFUL, consequently, my little friend ARDEN (when I say little, I mean LITTLE, she is more than twice as old as me, and comes to my waist :) was sitting on her front porch.  We stopped by and began talking.

It was clear to me that something was bothering her...When I probe, she usually responds, And I like to Probe :)  She was mad at George (her late husband), he had left her all alone to take care of a 100 year old house, with 40 year old shutters, and a wood awning that was in desperate need of replacement.   My prayer had been answered :)  I have a very able husband who is always willing :)  When we left Arden said, "You have no idea how glad I am that you decided to take a walk today and I decided to sit on my porch!

Life is good!  Excited to see what the next week holds!

2 comments:

  1. Aww thanks for your post! Hugs my sweet friend! Your smile always brightens my day! Love you tons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are making me miss the valley so very much! I wish I could come back and be in the ward again. And I remember sweet little Arden :)

    ReplyDelete