Tuesday, April 5, 2011

For What it is Worth!

I thought I would drop off a quick thought this morning.  As we were watching General Conference on Sunday, I was reminded of something that President Kimball had said several years ago.  In the words of Presidnet Monson:
"The temple is the pinnacle of our faith. We begin by teaching our children as they learn to pray to regard the temple as holy. President Kimball once urged that each child have a picture of the temple in his or her bedroom so parents can point the child's attention to the temple. Then, having seen that picture frequently in childhood days, he or she will not turn elsewhere for marriage than in the household of God."
As I was redecorating my children's rooms this summer (at 8 months pregnant I might add), this thought came to me from the deep files of my mind.  SO....I hung up a picture of the Savior, the temple, and the Prophet in each of the kid's bedrooms.  The picture below is of Sam and Daniel's bedroom!  These pictures hang in the white frames on the left hand side of the picture.  (This picture really doesn't do the CUTENESS of this room justice, anyhow):

Yesterday Sam had a homework assignment to draw a map of his room.  The baby was asleep and he couldn't go inside the room to draw the map.  So he did it from memory.  This is what he came up with:
As he helped me decipher the map, (I have no idea why I couldn't see it for myself:), he unveiled the following things:  his door, bed, crib, window, desk, closet, and THESE 3 PICTURES.  I have highlighted them for you in orange.  Notice that they are half the size of the bed, and rival the closet.  Notice also that he left a lot of other things off from the map.  I have never talked to Sam about his pictures (not good I know), but all on their own, I think they made an impression.  For what it is worth....


1 comment:

  1. ever since conference i've been looking into what size of and what photo of the temple to put in their rooms- it's neat how you did all three important figures-not just the temple.

    it was my first 'to do' after conference.

    ReplyDelete