Wednesday, February 12, 2014

From One end of the Spectrum to the Other!

Yesterday was an interesting day!  Which started by going to the temple with four lovely ladies who helped me do the work for 4 SISTERS at the same time!  That was a great feeling, I could only imagine as I sat there, all of my sisters, and how happy we would have been to be TOGETHER!

Then off to Gary's basketball game.  Where he led the team to a 18 to 14 victory....scoring 16 points.  I never really knew how fun it was to see a 1st grader score a fast break, until my own kid did it!

After dinner and clean-up, we sat down to read scriptures as a family, but started by celebrating a birthday!

Norma Jean (LOVE THE NAME) is Jared's Grandma! She died when Jared was very young, consequently, we went to Aunt Annette for our information!  As we talked about her, I asked the kids, "WHAT DID YOU DO WITH GRANDMA NORMA JEAN'S NAME TODAY THAT SHE WOULD HAVE BEEN PROUD OF."

Ally, "I tried to cause less drama on the bus."  To which I say Hallelujah! 

Gary, "I sat by someone at lunch that was alone, and I talked to him."  Proud moment.

Sam, "When Jim (name has been changed) told me he didn't want me on his kickball team, I didn't get mad, I just stayed quiet."
Me,"Sam does that happen a lot?"
Sam, (as his lip quivers) "Mom, nobody wants me on their teams, ever."

Remember previously scored 16 points....as happy as that was, not as painful as this is :(

Oh the joys of parenting!  I may be getting more sleep as my kids get older, by my heartache has increased as well!  Life will go on, Sam is ULTRA-TALENTED, and I am sure I suffer more than he does!

No comments:

Post a Comment