Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Libro Numero Dos....Check


Obviously, I have taken this picture off of the Amazon website...Don't click.  Nothing will happen.  It is simply to show you the Second book that I have read this year...on my quest to read more.  

There is a little song we sing in Primary (the children's class in our Church) that says, "I lived in heaven a long time ago, it is true.  Lived there and loved there with people I know so did you.  Then Heavenly Father presented a beautiful plan.  All about earth and Eternal Salvation for man.".....So that would be the synopsis of this book.  With GREAT Literary license (I am not sure he could have done it any other way), Chris Stewart tries to portray what that Pre-Earth Life could have looked like. Although the facts are few and the illustration is grand, the lesson was not lost on me.  

For days, I have been wrapped up, trying so hard to REMEMBER what it must have been like.   Searching my life for any evidence that that pre-mortal life remains with me.  Although hard to see in myself, it is so easily seen in my kids.  Each of them came with TOTALLY DIFFERENT interests, talents, and skills. Gary can kick a ball farther than any of them, out run all of them, and SMILE at the same time.  Same can sit down at the piano and play a song for the first time as if he had played it before 1,000's of times. Ally can take the LEAD in any situation and has a determination unmatched.  

I told Jared the other night that I am loving this time in our lives.  It is so fun to watch the kids "unveil" and develop.  To be completely honest, I cannot look at myself and say that I came with any great talent, something that came easy to me.  Most everything I have done has come with effort.  And there are very few things that really capture my attention....Well, there is one.  

This Christmas, my sister Patti said to me, (as I was asking her about her calling), "Kathryn, can we please talk about something besides Church!"  And because this was not the first time she has said it to me, I finally just told her, "Patti, that is what I love talking about the most.  It is what excites me!"  As boring as that may seem.  It is true.  The other day I read a scripture in Alma that had the phrase "the affections of your heart!"  I loved that!  The affections of my heart have always been on the doctrines of the scriptures, the prophets, and the Savior!  That is where my loyalties lie.  

I cannot over emphasize how grateful I am to know that there was a life before this life....that there will be life after this life.  When I make decisions based in that framework, there is light.  When I make a decision based on now, not forever, there is darkness.  I love the light!  



No comments:

Post a Comment