Sunday, October 6, 2013

TRUDGING on :)

I just had to share my tender moment!  All of my kids are named after someone (with the exception of Ally....Jared named Ally, I named the rest!  Ally will have to make a name of her own, which I am quite confident she is capable of :)  My fourth is named Joseph Curtis. Curtis after his uncle, who we have enormous respect for, and Joseph after my dad.

For some reason, every night when I tuck Joseph in, I am reminded quite strongly of the connection, and I often remind him about his Grandpa.  Last night's conversation made my heart melt.  It went like this:

"Joey, I love you!  Do you know I have two Joes?"
No...Who?
"You are my first Joey, and my second Joe is my Dad!"
Really?
"Do you remember what his name is?"
And we said together, "JOSEPH DELANEY FOSTER!"
Then he got a huge grin on his face and said, "AND I AM A PART OF HIM!"

To which I promptly kissed him goodnight, exited the room, because I could no longer talk!
Joey was 2 when Grandpa died.  And yet I am quite certain, he still influences his life!  I am so GRATEFUL for eternities to come when death, disabillity, and disease, hamper our ability to see the positive impact we have on each other!
For now we will trudge on, with ETERNITY in our sights!

No comments:

Post a Comment