Sunday, May 8, 2011

The Hand That Rocks The Cradle, Rules The World


My mother always was and is a WIFE and MOTHER before anything else.  There was never a calling big enough, a social event important enough, or a hobby fun enough that took precedence over her feelings of family.  When my dad got sick, she went to work - and HATED every minute of it.  She did what was required of her (true parenthood in itself), but her thoughts were ALWAYS at home.  Nothing makes her happier than a child's success or the goodness of a grandchild. 
Because of her careful concern, the lessons she taught my sisters and I have been woven into every word we say, lesson we teach, look we give, and advice we share.  She will mould generations.  In a day when motherhood seems secondary to any other opportunity, I CHOOSE MOTHERHOOD.....because my mom chose motherhood.  The hand that rocked MY cradle, for many sleepless nights, has literally created the world I live in.  And for that, I could not have ever chosen a better mother.
In college, I was assigned to write and illustrate a children's book.  Although it is not professional in many ways, I would like to share it with you. 
 



















2 comments:

  1. wonderful. thank you. happy mother's day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously I thought I was done with that book and the pink sweatshirt I threw away in the gopher field.

    ReplyDelete