Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Think Kathryn Think!

So Jared had the Family Home Evening lesson this week.  He began by saying, "Ally will you write down every family member's name on a piece of paper?"  Promising beginning, right?  When she had finished that, he then said, "Now we are going to write down how every person reacts when they get mad."  Well, that was fun!
Without revealing too many family secrets, the list contained a bit of yelling, some spanking, a little pinching, some hitting.....He then concluded with "For the natural man is an enemy to God and has been since the fall of Adam."  I went to bed that night asking myself how I should be reacting to Jared after such a fun Family Home Evening :)  But like every deep thought that Jared has, it made me wonder.  And after two days of wondering, I am ready to report my results.
The difference between an EXPLOSION in my home and a peaceful resolution, is A SINGLE THOUGHT.  Sometimes it comes in the form of, "What would Jesus do,  If the Savior stood beside me.." But mostly it sounds something like this, "Please, PLEASE help me not to mess this up."  In those few seconds of thought, impulse is turned into inspiration
While reading my scriptures this morning, it became apparent to me that Heavenly Father is interested in us thinking, "Arouse your faculties, Shake yourselves, Awaken"  Satan is not "Lull them away, deep sleep, All is Well,
So the next time that I hear that one of my children has been sent to the Principal's Office (SAM!), I will unclench my fists, close my mouth, and think, "Please, PLEASE, help me not to mess this up!"

1 comment:

  1. Kathryn, I LOVE your blog! Every post makes me think of how I can be a better mom, wife, person, friend and (most importantly) Daughter of God! Thank you so much for your "sentiments!" They are just what I need!

    ReplyDelete